Space both constructs society and it is at the same time its output. The relations of society and space are not very well clarified yet, however it offers inspiring framework for all the topics that sociology and related social sciences study. Socio.hu invites papers for its 2016 English language special issue on the following topics:
- Urban-rural relationships
- Local image and place-based approach of territorial development
- Development policy and regional inequalities
- Effects of development policy on community building
- Role of food in rural development
- Gentrification of urban and rural areas
- Resilience of rural communities
- Rural and urban heritage in use
- Rural and urban poverty
The special issue aims at opening space to discuss the different perspectives of sociology, economics, cultural studies, and ecology on the topics.
Abstracts should be between 600–800 words. Include theoretical framework, methodology, and the main findings of the proposed paper.
- Deadline for submitting abstracts: 1 March, 2016
- Notification of acceptance: 31 March, 2016
- Full papers are due till: 31 May, 2015
- Please send abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Socio.hu, Social Science Review is a peer-reviewed journal published quarterly as a web-based journal by the Institute for Sociology, Centre for Social Sciences, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.